Senior Programmer/ Database Administrator
Senior Programmer/ Database Administrator
Truity Credit Union hosts branches in 3 states with a worldwide footprint thanks to our digital banking, serving around 80,000 members. We offer our employees fantastic benefits, a genuine people focused culture, and great friends to enjoy each day...all while providing outstanding care and service to our members.
Check out our careers site for more information on working with us at www.careers.truitycu.org.
Some of our benefits include: Medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, annual pay raises, annual bonuses, paid vacations and sick leave, wellness reimbursement for 5ks, personal training and fitness centers, awesome 401k matching, paid volunteer leave and more.
We encompass a culture of being:
Membership Centric, where we live out head-turning service experiences with each member, each day,
People focused where we lead and grow, after hiring only people focused employees who reflect our culture,
One Team where we are destined to be one team within our community, conveying our unity to our members.
Personal Achievement where our determination for growth is openly communicated by employees to their manager,
Innovative where we oppose the norm and stay competitive with our products & services to attract new membership.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Credit Union in fulfilling our core purpose, To Serve Our Members’ Interests, while helping to meet our core values of:
- Integrity is first in all we do
- Treat all with respect
- Value employees as our primary resource
- Be a good corporate citizen
To achieve the purpose while living our core values, the position must deliver supreme quality service to both internal and external members as defined by our Service Promises.
- I promise to treat you with the highest standards of respect and professionalism.
- I promise to be accurate and ensure the security of your financial information.
- I promise to make it easy for you to do business with us.
- I promise to identify your needs and suggest a solution that will improve your financial life.
- I promise to respond to your requests in a timely manner.
- I promise to show you appreciation for allowing me to serve you.
This position provides technology service and support for programming and the database management to elevate the reliability, stability, security and performance of software development and database management in leveraging efficiencies for Credit Union personnel through use of computing technologies.
- Utilize service desk system to resolve issues reported and route tickets appropriately.
- Resolve end-user problems on primary systems in a timely manner.
- Train new core system programmers on advanced programming languages.
- Manage and maintain the security, stability, reliability of all programs and databases.
- Design and maintain data retrieving programs to ensure up-to-date information.
- Manage, maintain database tables, fields, etc. for production/testing systems.
- Manage, maintain database performance, storage, CPU, and memory.
- Responsible for maintaining programs which enhance the interfaces for all products.
- Design and maintain applications to improve workflow, ease of use, and stability.
- Design and maintain systems that enhance communication and productivity between users
- Design, install, and maintain all credit union Microsoft SQL databases.
- Design and maintain Domain Naming Service (DNS) for internal and external systems.
- Plan, purchase, and maintain certificates for internal and external systems for encryption.
- Design and support ‘thehub’ credit union intranet system.
- Manage, maintain backup and restore processes for files and databases as needed.
- Develop and maintain documentation for custom programming.
- Responsible to verify code is written to comply with SDLC standards.
- Perform IT on-call duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of:
- Critical thinking
- Experience working within ITIL and ITSM environments
- Database performance and optimization knowledge
- Performance tuning of SQL databases
- Knowledge of encryption protocols (HTTPS, SSL, TLS)
- Performance and optimization knowledge of software development efforts
- Advanced knowledge of application programming languages
- Problem solving of complex technological environments
- Ability to:
- Think creatively
- Solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations
- Perform application programming
- Read and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form
- Quickly learn new programming skills and languages and implement them
- Organize and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Skill in:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with members and co-employees
- Making effective and timely decisions
- Typing and personal computer
Critical Development Experiences:
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth and development through training, education and self-study
- Successfully complete all applicable compliance training and testing
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Seven to ten years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
- A four-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school equivalent to approximately 128 credit hours
- Minimum 2 years Microsoft SQL Server experience/certifications
- Required: C#, .NET, Python, Node.js, React, JAVA, HTML, PowerShell, JSON
Symitar PowerOn, Symitar SymXchange, MSSQL, Angular, CSS, R
- Data Analysis, Data Modeling, Statistics, Data Visualization
Quantitative Analysis, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for a significant period of time and perform functions that require manual dexterity. The employee must occasionally reach above or below normal body position, stoop or bend, and carry, lift or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. A normal range of hearing, vision, and speech are required to effectively work with co-employees and members.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE & CONFIDENTIALITY
Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies. This position also requires maintaining confidentiality with regard to non-public information about our members and the Credit Union.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the duties, responsibilities and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any physical demand of essential function or requirement of this position will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.