Help Desk Specialist
Full Time, Non-Exempt, Monday – Friday
The Help Desk Specialist assists in the day-to-day operations of the Help Desk. This position identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and ensures service levels are maintained. The Help Desk Specialist documents, tracks, and monitors problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
Role and Key Responsibilities
Assist the Director of Information Systems & Technology and PrimeWest Health staff in the following as needed:
* Assist in day-to-day operations of the Help Desk and manage issue/risk resolution
* Test and monitor software, hardware, and peripheral equipment to evaluate use, effectiveness, and adequacy of product for users
* Inspect and repair equipment for users
* Document communication, problems, and remedial action taken for all Help Desk incidents
* Broaden own technical, functional, and industry skill base
* Coordinate and assist the Support & Training Lead with new software and hardware deployments
* Assist users with day-to-day issues regarding their computers, printers, phones, etc.
* Resolve security access requests for internal and external applications
* Perform setup, support, and maintenance of internal and external applications
* Assist the Help Desk in the setup, maintenance, and deployment of workstations
General PrimeWest Health Responsibilities
* Abide by the PrimeWest Health Code of Conduct
* Comply with all PrimeWest Health policies and procedures
* Comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and all other privacy and security laws
* Be familiar with building safety procedures and alert maintenance if something requires attention
* Keep public areas of the department and office neat and clean
* Conduct other responsibilities and activities as needed and assigned
Knowledge and understanding of the following:
* Microsoft operating systems
* Windows events, logs, services, and processes
* General computer hardware
* General computer troubleshooting
* General printer troubleshooting
Educational Requirements and Required Qualifications
* Associate degree or technical college degree (computer science field preferred)
* Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks. Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to work effectively with a variety of people both within and outside of the organization. Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of, and proficiency in, core Microsoft Office applications.
* Ability to sit at a desk or computer station most of the time. Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry such articles as file folders and small boxes up to 40 pounds. Some travel required.
Collaborative Efforts with Other Departments
* Business IT and Claims Administration
* Quality and Utilization Management
* Member and Provider Services
* Corporate Compliance
* Financial & Data Management
* Pharmacy Management
* Care and Population Health Management
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions or responsibilities.
PrimeWest Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion