Under minimal supervision, completes GIS/mapping projects and generates data to be stored in OKI’s geographic information system. Individual will update spatial databases in support of land use planning, transportation planning, economic development, and environmental planning. Works in conjunction with the GIS Manager on coordination of department activities and resources required to support individual projects.
- Prepares a wide range of maps and data as needed for agency projects.
- Gathers, digitizes and updates spatial information, as needed; organizes and maintains filing system (for electronic map files).
- Captures data in the field using global positioning system equipment.
- Develops quality control measures for GIS data entry.
- Ensures data quality and continuous improvement of update procedures through technological innovation.
- Maintains large format printer / plotter and supplies.
- Provides maps and GIS data to the public and OKI stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance to GIS users when needed.
- Perform research to obtain and expand existing datasets.
- Assists with UAV mission planning and flights.
- Assists with GIS analysis, modeling and reporting to support agency planning activities.
- Assists with training users on new and existing GIS software.
- Performs feature extraction & classification from aerial imagery using deep learning models in ArcGIS Pro.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, cartography, GIS or closely related field required.
- Two (2) years of professional GIS work experience required.
- Strong GIS skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of general cartographic methodology, practices, and procedures.
- Computer proficiency - including ArcGIS & ArcGIS Pro, Microsoft Access, Word and Excel. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Familiarity with grid systems and projections.
- Individual must be self-motivated.
- Ability to manage priorities, take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
Click APPLY NOW to submit your resume and be considered today!