Your role in helping us shape the future:
Intelsat has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer role who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. You will be part of the team that is building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class software technologies.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong core Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services. You will be a crucial working member of multi-disciplinary, highly skilled technical teams that design, develop, test, debug and document software, by providing high quality technical solutions and services that deliver business value and drive continuous improvement across the organization. This role is eligible for a hybrid work schedule, of 3 days in office per week.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
- Be responsible for current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements.
- Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API’s and web socket investigations
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in systems implementation with a focus on both custom web/mobile application development & commercial software systems implementations; along with experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, DevOps, etc)
- Strong Core JAVA Skills, MicroServices, Rest API, Spring, Hibernate, Web sockets, CICD
- Build traditional and server less applications on an AWS Platform including EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, and S3. Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL and cloud based technologies.
- Good experience with manual and automation testing with tools like Selenium
- Use of test management and bug management tools like Zephyr and JIRA.
- Strong knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins to align with Dev-Ops Deployment process.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger global development team in agile.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and demonstrate commitment to excellence for the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) work environments
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in containerization with Docker or Kubernetes will be an advantage and bonus.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- We are customer focused and collaborative
- Awesome benefits including informal work environment, Hybrid work arrangements (3 days in office), generous 401(k) plan, DTO, Medical/Dental/Vision, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture