Principal, Development Engineer
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role leading the Software Architecture of Onboard Experience Software. The onboard Software is a Micro service based Secure Software responsible for providing rich experience onboard the Aircraft. You will be focused in building a platform which is secure and integrates with other and subsystem such as Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and Third-Party Vender Software (3PV SW) to support of inflight solutions. You should have the desire to support the development of complex systems from concept and throughout the system’s lifecycle. You will collaborate across Engineers across multiple geographies, in house Systems Engineering, Product Management and Operational Excellence team.
You will use the creative techniques to create an Architecture for multi-platform multi-hardware design. You will design with Security mindset to satisfy Aircraft OEMs such as Boeing /Airbus
Are you up to the challenge?
- Be a leader of Software Development and Architecture integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across LRUs and systems
- Remain an active participant in new development Integrated Product Teams.
- Take pride in owning the end-to-end Architecture of inflight connectivity system with a keen eye towards hands on system design activities
- Provide a proactive attitude identifying and resolving new development, sustaining engineering, and/or system integration issues
- Use your effective communication skills detailing technical issues and solutions while troubleshooting with vendors/Partners and/or customers to resolve issues
You should definitely have:
- Master’s and 3 years of experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience or relevant work experience.
- Experience in one or more; SATCOM/Wireless, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, or other relative experience
- Understand Cloud based Technology to implement concepts and/or Telecom technologies
- Expert knowledge of Linux Eco system, Packet process, DHCP, IP Networking, Docker/orchestration
- Developed software using two or more of programming language such as Java, C, C++, Python, Go
- Knowledge and inner works of integration of Micro service eco system and Architecture. Hands on knowledge of ZMQ, Rabbit MQ, Pub/Sub Mechanism.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Agile development methodology and JIRA/ Jama
- Knowledge of aviation standards and testing (e.g., ARINC and DO160)
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, SonarQube
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Flexible work arrangements
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.