Senior DevOps Engineer (#01337)
Information Technology Services (ITS) at Old Dominion University is seeking a full-time employee to lead the way for our DevOps environment. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. This position will effectively communicate with our development, security, and infrastructure teams to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency.
Required qualifications include:
- Some knowledge of system administration in Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI
- Strong knowledge of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls, and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Working knowledge of software security best practices
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining strong attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Considerable knowledge of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Some experience with development of higher education web and mobile applications.
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, MIS or a related computing intensive field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To review required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position and to submit an application, please visit http://jobs.odu.edu/postings/15629. AA/EOE