Human Services Help Desk Manager
The Human Services Network Analyst performs complex technical duties for the Human Services Department and is responsible for the administration of any combination of the following systems, including Microsoft Office365 and Azure, Next Generation Palo Alto Networks Firewall, on premise and cloud based VMware Horizon Virtual Desktops, enterprise desktop imaging solution, WDS/MDT, Intune, Shared Windows Server, Shared Cisco Network, GPO, and network security scanning using Tenable.SC. This is a high level network and systems engineering position responsible for managing and maintaining multiple advanced technologies throughout the Human Services Department.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff, will be able to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities, and will have direct experience administering and managing one or more of the following:
- Palo Alto Networks Firewall
- VMware ESX/VSphere, Horizon, and WDS/MDT
- Office365 and Azure
- Cisco routers and switches, Dell servers, EMC storage, and VXrail
- IIS, Active Directory, and GPO
- PowerShell, Tenable, and network security
- Micro segmentation, Zero trust, and SIEM
- Cisco, Microsoft, VMware, and Palo Alto Network Certifications
About the Human Services Department
HSD fosters a positive work environment, where our commitment to providing opportunities for advancement is strengthened by a robust staff development program. We believe in the merits of work/life balance and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that our work contributes to the betterment of our community.
As the largest agency in Sonoma County government, our mission is to protect vulnerable children and adults, and to promote maximum independence and well-being for individuals and families. HSD is responsible for child and adult protective services, veteran services, and administration of state and federal programs, including CalFRESH, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, and In-Home Supportive Services. The department is dedicated to providing high quality, client-focused, cost-effective services and values the diversity, integrity, teamwork, leadership, and accountability of all staff in accomplishing the mission of the department.
The Department works collaboratively at the federal, state, and local level to find creative solutions to support the well-being of individuals, families, and the community. To meet that goal, the department has fostered strong relationships with other public and private sector partners, including other government agencies, community-based organizations, and business leaders.
What We Offer
When you join HSD, you become part of a strong work family that makes a difference in lives of our community. We offer opportunities for growth, development, and the ability to be a part of a rewarding work environment. You can also look forward to excellent benefits,* including:
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of: network and IT architectures; available bandwidth concepts and resources; network management systems concepts and methods; advanced network technologies; IT security methods and policies; agency-level business and mission requirements; and project management methods and principles.
Working knowledge of: customer service protocol; operating environments sufficient to install, configure, and maintain operating systems components.
Ability to: develop contingency plans to ensure continuous availability and accessibility of network resources in the event of emergencies; design network architectures; conduct cost-benefit analyses and total cost of ownership and capacity studies; establish security practices; develop contingency and recovery plans; manage and maintain network protocols; provide Intranet or Internet gateways; and coordinate other actions to ensure the implementation of networks that support mission requirements; evaluate and define infrastructure requirements; select hardware and software components; assemble installation teams; coordinate network implementation planning; and oversee testing and implementation; lead the implementation of major projects.
Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.