Enterprise Endpoint Management Analyst
The Enterprise Endpoint Management Analyst will perform complex technical duties for the Human Services Department and is responsible for enterprise endpoint deployment and image management, cybersecurity management, and automated application deployment management. This is a high-level network and systems engineering position responsible for managing and maintaining multiple advanced technologies throughout the department. Additional duties include:
- Administering and managing various systems including Microsoft Intune Systems, Windows Defender for Endpoint Systems, and Security Center
- Participating in industry and technology work groups
- Collaborating with the County's Information Services Department (ISD) on an as needed basis
- Maintaining and promoting high levels of network security and resiliency, including remediation and mitigation
- Working with the Network Operations Unit as a consultative representative of the Service Desk Unit
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to work with both technical and non-technical staff, will be able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, and will possess:
- Experience in enterprise endpoint management and security
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Windows operating environment
- Detailed knowledge of PC hardware and networking components and troubleshooting
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and Change Management best practices
- Experience with Microsoft (MCSA, MCSE) Certifications and Microsoft 365 Security administration, compliance, and management
- Experience with Office365 Tenant and Service Management
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience with Bitlocker, MS Defender for Endpoint, Proofpoint, Arctic Wolf, MS Sentinel, Tenable, Multi Factor Authentication, and Single Sign On
- The ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work to meet established deadlines and accommodate rapidly changing priorities
- Experience with Intune, Autopilot, Conditional Access and Compliance Policies, App Protection Policies, and Asset Management (Hardware, Software)
- The ability to facilitate process improvement projects based on sound data analysis
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Configuration Profiles, and Group Policy Object Management
- A Bachelors or Associate technical degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
About the Human Services Department (HSD)
HSD fosters a positive work environment, where our commitment to providing opportunities for advancement is strengthened by a robust staff development program. We believe in the merits of work/life balance and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that our work contributes to the betterment of our community.
As the largest agency in Sonoma County government, our mission is to protect vulnerable children and adults, and to promote maximum independence and well-being for individuals and families. HSD is responsible for child and adult protective services, veteran services, and administration of state and federal programs, including CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal, In-Home Supportive Services, and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs. The department is dedicated to providing high quality, client-focused, cost-effective services and values the diversity, integrity, teamwork, leadership, and accountability of all staff in accomplishing the mission of the department.
The Department works collaboratively at the federal, state, and local level to find creative solutions to support the well-being of individuals, families, and the community. To meet that goal, the department has fostered strong relationships with other public and private sector partners, including other government agencies, community-based organizations, and business leaders. For more information regarding HSD's services please visit http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Human-Services.
What We Offer
Working at HSD offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing your contributions work to better our shared community. You can also look forward to flexible work arrangements and excellent benefits* including:
- A hybrid telework schedule that meets the needs of our staff, department operations, and the communities we serve may be available depending on assignment
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- County paid 100% premium contribution for the majority of employee-only and employee + family health plan options
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of up to $500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
The Human Services Department is currently recruiting to fill an Enterprise Endpoint Management Analyst vacancy. This employment list may also be used to fill future full-time, part-time, or extra-help (temporary) positions as they occur during the active status of the list. Qualified County employees who wish to be considered for future positions should consider applying to this recruitment. The Civil Service title for this position is Human Services Network Analyst.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Selection Procedure & Some Helpful Tips When Applying
- Your application information and your responses to the supplemental questions are evaluated and taken into consideration throughout the entire selection process.
- You should list all employers and positions held within the last ten years in the work history section of your application. Be as thorough as possible when responding to the supplemental questions.
- You may include history beyond ten years if related to the position for which you are applying. If you held multiple positions with one employer, list out each position separately.
- Failure to follow these instructions may impact your competitiveness in this process or may result in disqualification.