Information Technology Support Specialist
The City of Pikeville is seeking highly-motivated and experienced candidates for the position of Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in the installation of new and existing personal devices and workstations. This position must confer with employees to determine the types of hardware & software they need, install new hardware & software while maintaining existing components, and train employees in the use of equipment and software. This position will perform general maintenance tasks, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with devices/equipment located throughout the organization and make recommendations to management about improvements that can be made technologically. This position requires heavy lifting at times, working at heights up to 25 feet, and crawling/working in tight spaces.
IT Support Specialist Position Requirements
- a high school diploma or equivalent;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
- CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA A+ certifications required;
- CompTIA Internet+ and CompTIA Security+ certifications preferred;
- Candidates must successfully pass a drug screen and a complete criminal background check.
City of Pikeville Employee Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Sick Leave/Holiday Pay
- Employees join Kentucky Public Pensions Authority (KPPA)
- No cost for employee-only medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- No cost for employee basic life & AD&D insurance coverage
- Additional life and supplemental insurances available
The CITY OF PIKEVILLE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, pregnancy/childbirth-related medical conditions, national origin, disability, veteran or family status, an individual’s status as a smoker or nonsmoker, genetic makeup or any other status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.