Open Date: November 4, 2022
Close Date: November 25, 2022
The City of Ellensburg has a current opportunity in the Public Works and Utilities Department for a GIS Specialist. If you enjoy providing outstanding customer service to others and have GIS Technology experience, we encourage you to keep reading. This position will provide high level Geographic Information Systems support and services to City staff (which is a pretty great group of people.)
Provide excellent GIS support services using the GIS applications and systems. Create, edit, and maintain the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) GIS Applications and geo forms. Import/export AutoCAD drawings to/from GIS system. Enter/import data from Microsoft Excel and Access databases into GIS system. Customize GIS system to support users and provide user guidance and education. Print maps as requested and assist with the maintenance of ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and enterprise geodatabase systems and software.
This is a full-time benefited position. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. Retirement under the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and vacation, sick leave, holidays, and employee choice days.
If regular City of Ellensburg employees covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Ellensburg and OPEIU apply by the internal closing date they will be given first consideration.
Salary: $4,308 - $5,385/month + excellent benefits
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent education in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Geospatial Technology, Computer Science or a field related to the essential duties
- One year of work and/or volunteer experience using GIS technology and tools
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge and experience with Multi-user versioned Geo Databases
- Knowledge and experience with GPS field equipment
- Familiarity with GIS scripting languages such as Java, Arcade Expression, and Python
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, or have ability to obtain one prior to employment; maintain insurable driving record
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification, or ability to obtain within six (6) months
To apply for this position and to review a complete job posting with detailed duties, responsibilities, and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, please visit our website at www.ci.ellensburg.wa.us. For questions, please contact Human Resources at (509) 962-7220. This position closes 11/25/2022. EOE.