Business Systems Analyst
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead projects from requirements definition through deployment, identify schedules, scope, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
- Analyze project progress and revise scope, timelines, and costs as necessary
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing regular contact on project status and changes
- Establish and maintain process over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards and assessing and managing risk within and across multiple projects; Report project outcomes and/or risks
- Structure and manage integrated, multi-track project performance databases for multiple digital, print, social, broadcast, and experiential projects
- Develop and maintain partnerships with outside resources, including third-party vendors and researchers; Participate in on-call rotation
- Support the City’s policies, goals and objectives and work with management and other staff to ethically achieve such goals and objectives
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Demonstrated Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of data security and security design.
- Administration and maintenance principles of network operating domains, relational databases and specialized software applications.
- Communications technology, equipment, and integrated applications.
- Business System Analyst Department: Information Technology GIS and Share Point design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Principles, parameters capabilities and characteristics of mid-range computers, servers, network operating systems and related equipment.
- Programming and mapping web and desktop applications
- administrating various types of servers.
- Working successfully with all levels of management.
- Communicating clearly with coworkers, vendors, and clients.
- Enforcing and maintaining technology security protocols and standards.
- Operating personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software and hardware.
- Analyzing complex computer and database systems to identify problems and develop effective solutions.
- Graduation from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field and four (4) years paid fulltime experience in enterprise system application, development analysis, support and training, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Candidates who are selected for appointment may be required to be fingerprinted, if 18 or older; successfully complete a background investigation, employment verification and may be subject to a drug/alcohol test, medical, polygraph and/or psychological evaluation. Candidates who are appointed will be required to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a vehicle in Arizona, or meet the transportation needs of the position.
- Must possess Project Management Professional (PMP certification or equivalent within one (1) year of appointment. Must possess CJIS level D compliance test within one year of appointment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with some stooping, bending, stretching, standing, frequent sitting and continuous operation of a personal computer.
- Physical dexterity is required to work in confined spaces and use precision tools and equipment; requires vision capacity to perform fine calibrations.
- May be required to perform a full range of motion with moving, lifting and/or carrying items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Click Apply to submit your information today!