Certilytics offers a suite of innovative analytic solutions including Big Data Services, Total Population Health Management, Financial Risk Intelligence and Customized Prediction Models. These solutions are configured upon our open source Hadoop Platform, with the underlying philosophy of providing analytics as a service and moving beyond predictions to deliver actionable intelligence.
Our team represents a dynamic infusion of multidiscipline which includes actuarial, data and behavioral scientists, IT engineers, software developers, nurse clinicians, as well as experts in public health and the health insurance industry. Certilytics has extensive experience working with a diverse set of customers including large self-insured employers, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, government programs, care management companies and health systems. These relationships with various data providers and customers allows for rapid data ingestion, validation and enrichment as well as streamlined delivery of analytic dashboards, outputs and visualizations to our customers.
Our unique approach allows for the development of the most accurate financial, clinical and behavioral models in the industry.
Actuarial Analysts are responsible for providing analytics insights to customers using big data skills, reports, dashboards and models. They will help design and build best-in-class products through their knowledge of the health care marketplace. If you are someone who doesn’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and diving in, this position may be for you.
The Associate Actuary will:
- Participate in Product Design meetings, and assist in the product design, development and testing process
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from multiple sources using a variety of tools and analytic techniques to create insights for internal and external customers
- Apply knowledge of actuarial, financial and underwriting concepts and use advanced analytic techniques to develop reports, dashboards, and products for customers
- Assist with the development of reports and projects, including documenting methodology, writing business requirements, and making recommendations based upon data analysis
- Identify complex healthcare data problems or issues, researches solutions, and implement steps to achieve higher level of efficiency for Certilytics analytic product offerings
- Provides analytical support to the Product Design, Data Science, Clinical, Data Logistics, and Operational Teams
- Conduct research and perform root cause analysis as part of responsibility for analytics projects
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years actuarial or health care data analytics experience.
- Understanding of healthcare industry actuarial concepts, including trend, risk adjustment, care management, provider contracting, product pricing, underwriting principles and stop-loss is preferred
- Understanding of managed care data concepts and terms including pmpm, CPT, ICD10 coding, HCPCS, DRG, and NDC
- Understanding of healthcare operations from perspective of employer, payer, PBM and provider.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SQL.
- Strong actuarial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid lines of business preferred
- Taking actuarial exams towards ASA designation is preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Ability to communicate business and technical information to people of various backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines