IT Systems Administrator
BBL is seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated IT professional to join our infrastructure support team. In this role, you will work on maintaining and monitoring the computer systems, software and networks for our business. The individual in this position would support the infrastructure, helping with change and patch management, systems builds, network management, basic cybersecurity, troubleshooting and solving technical issues. This position requires the candidate have excellent communication skills as they will be collaborating with other IT team members and internal clients across all departments, they would assist with systems requirements, answer questions and provide desk side and remote support.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk internal clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish and monitor accounts for new, terminated and changed users as well as assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions with the IT team regarding new technology for the business.
- Participate in department and business-wide meetings to provide insight into technical requirements.
- Participate in BBL’s ongoing training programs for skills enhancements.
- Others as directed by Management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field, or commensurate experience (i.e. AS degree in Business plus 3+ years’ experience in IT support).
- 2+ years of experience in a similar technical support role.
- Certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, cybersecurity) are preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions efficiently.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
Salary commensurate with experience and ability. A generous benefit package including paid time off, paid holidays, health, life, and 401k available. Qualified individuals may submit their resume to: BBL Construction Services, LLC, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 12789, Albany, NY 12212 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org E.O.E